Pages

Monday 1 October 2012

Bible in a Year - Day 157

Day 151 - 1 Chronicles 28 & 29; John 11:47-57
David also said to Solomon his son, ‘Be strong and courageous, and do the work. Do not be afraid or discouraged, for the Lord God, my God, is with you. He will not fail you or forsake you until all the work for the service of the temple of the Lord is finished. (1 Chronicles 28:20)




Day 152 - 2 Chronicles 1, 2 & 3; John 12:1-19


Day 153 - 2 Chronicles 4, 5 & 6; John 12:20-50
Lord, the God of Israel, there is no God like you in heaven or on earth – you who keep your covenant of love with your servants who continue wholeheartedly in your way. (2 Chronicles 6:14)



Day 154 - 2 Chronicles 7, 8 & 9; John 13:1-17
It was just before the Passover Festival. Jesus knew that the hour had come for him to leave this world and go to the Father. Having loved his own who were in the world, he loved them to the end. (John 13:1)
...so he got up from the meal, took off his outer clothing, and wrapped a towel round his waist. After that, he poured water into a basin and began to wash his disciples’ feet, drying them with the towel that was wrapped round him. (John 13:4-5)



Day 155 - 2 Chronicles 10, 11 & 12; John 13:18-38
‘A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.’ (John 13:34-35)
 


Day 156 - 2 Chronicles 13, 14, 15 & 16; John 14
And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another advocate to help you and be with you for ever – the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you. I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you. Before long, the world will not see me any more, but you will see me. Because I live, you also will live. (John 14:16-19)
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. (John 14:27)
  


Day 157 - 2 Chronicles 17, 18 & 19; John 15
Now let the fear of the Lord be on you. Judge carefully, for with the Lord our God there is no injustice or partiality or bribery. (2 Chronicles 19:7)
As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love. (John 15:9)
My command is this: love each other as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends. You are my friends if you do what I command. I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master’s business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you. You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you so that you might go and bear fruit – fruit that will last – and so that whatever you ask in my name the Father will give you. This is my command: love each other. (John 15:12-17)
  



No comments:

Post a Comment