Pages

Monday 12 November 2012

Bible in a Year - Day 199

Day 193 - Psalm 4, 5 & 6; Acts 16:16-40
In peace I will lie down and sleep,
    for you alone, Lord,
    make me dwell in safety. (Psalm 4:8)
But I, by your great love,
    can come into your house;
in reverence I bow down
    towards your holy temple. (Psalm 5:7)

 Turn, Lord, and deliver me;    save me because of your unfailing love. (Psalm 6:4)
The Lord has heard my cry for mercy;    the Lord accepts my prayer. (Psalm 6:9)
...he was filled with joy because he had come to believe in God – he and his whole household. (Acts 16:34) 

   


Day 194 - Psalm 7, 8 & 9; Acts 17:1-15
My shield is God Most High,    who saves the upright in heart. (Psalm 7:10)
When I consider your heavens,
    the work of your fingers,
the moon and the stars,
    which you have set in place,

what is mankind that you are mindful of them,
    human beings that you care for them?

You have made them a little lower than the angels    
and crowned them with glory and honour.
You made them rulers over the works of your hands;
    you put everything under their feet:
all flocks and herds,
    and the animals of the wild,
the birds in the sky,
    and the fish in the sea,
    all that swim the paths of the seas. (Psalm 8:3-8)
He rules the world in righteousness
    and judges the peoples with equity.
The Lord is a refuge for the oppressed,
    a stronghold in times of trouble. 
Those who know your name trust in you,    for you, Lord, have never forsaken those who seek you. (Psalm 9:8-10)


Day 195 - Psalm 10, 11 & 12; Acts 17:16-34
But you, God, see the trouble of the afflicted;
    you consider their grief and take it in hand.
The victims commit themselves to you;
    you are the helper of the fatherless. (Psalm 10:14)
You, Lord, hear the desire of the afflicted;
    you encourage them, and you listen to their cry,

defending the fatherless and the oppressed,
    so that mere earthly mortals
    will never again strike terror. (Psalm 10:17-18) 

For the Lord is righteous,
    he loves justice;
    the upright will see his face. (Psalm 11:7)

‘Because the poor are plundered and the needy groan,
    I will now arise,’ says the Lord.
    ‘I will protect them from those who malign them.’ (Psalm 12:5)

You, Lord, will keep the needy safe    and will protect us for ever from the wicked, (Psalm 12:7)
  

Day 196 - Psalm 13, 14, 15 & 16; Acts 18
You make known to me the path of life;
    you will fill me with joy in your presence,
    with eternal pleasures at your right hand. (Psalm 16:11)




Day 197 - Psalm 17 & 18; Acts 19:1-20
Show me the wonders of your great love,
    you who save by your right hand
    those who take refuge in you from their foes. (Psalm 17:7)
The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer;
    my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge,
    my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. (Psalm 18:2)

He reached down from on high and took hold of me;
    he drew me out of deep waters.

He rescued me from my powerful enemy,
    from my foes, who were too strong for me.

They confronted me in the day of my disaster,
    but the Lord was my support.

He brought me out into a spacious place;    he rescued me because he delighted in me. (Psalm 18:16-19)
You, Lord, keep my lamp burning;
    my God turns my darkness into light.

 With your help I can advance against a troop;    
with my God I can scale a wall. (Psalm 18:28-29)
You make your saving help my shield,
    and your right hand sustains me;
    your help has made me great. (Psalm 18:35)

God did extraordinary miracles through Paul... (Acts 19:11)


Day 198 - Psalm 19, 20 & 21; Acts 19:21-41


Day 199 - Psalm 22, 23 & 24; Acts 20:1-16
In you our ancestors put their trust;
    they trusted and you delivered them.

To you they cried out and were saved;    in you they trusted and were not put to shame (Psalm 22:4-5)
Yet you brought me out of the womb;
    you made me trust in you, even at my mother’s breast.

From birth I was cast on you;    from my mother’s womb you have been my God. (Psalm 22:9-10)
For he has not despised or scorned
    the suffering of the afflicted one;
he has not hidden his face from him
    but has listened to his cry for help. (Psalm 22:24)
 The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing. 
     He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters,   

      he refreshes my soul.
He guides me along the right paths
    for his name’s sake. 

Even though I walk
    through the darkest valley,

 I will fear no evil,
    for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
    they comfort me.

You prepare a table before me
    in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil;
    my cup overflows.
Surely your goodness and love will follow me
    all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the Lord
    for ever. (Psalm 23)



No comments:

Post a Comment