Pages

Monday 26 November 2012

Bible in a Year - Day 213

Day 207 - Psalm 44, 45 & 46; Acts 25
It was not by their sword that they won the land,
    nor did their arm bring them victory;
it was your right hand, your arm,
    
 and the light of your face, for you loved them. (Psalm 44:3)
God is our refuge and strength,     
an ever-present help in trouble. (Psalm 46:1)





Day 208 - Psalm 47, 48 & 49; Acts 26
For this God is our God for ever and ever;     
he will be our guide even to the end. (Psalm 48:14)
But God will redeem me from the realm of the dead;    
 he will surely take me to himself. (Psalm 49:15)
I will rescue you from your own people and from the Gentiles. I am sending you to them to open their eyes and turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, so that they may receive forgiveness of sins and a place among those who are sanctified by faith in me. (Acts 26:17-18)
But God has helped me to this very day; so I stand here and testify to small and great alike. I am saying nothing beyond what the prophets and Moses said would happen – that the Messiah would suffer and, as the first to rise from the dead, would bring the message of light to his own people and to the Gentiles.’ (Acts 26:22-23)




Day 209 - Psalm 50, 51 & 52; Acts 27:1-25
Last night an angel of the God to whom I belong and whom I serve stood beside me and said, “Do not be afraid, Paul. You must stand trial before Caesar; and God has graciously given you the lives of all who sail with you.” So keep up your courage, men, for I have faith in God that it will happen just as he told me. (Acts 27:23-25)

Day 210 - Psalm 53, 54 & 55; Acts 27:26-44
Surely God is my help;    
 the Lord is the one who sustains me. (Psalm 54:4)
You have delivered me from all my troubles,     
and my eyes have looked in triumph on my foes. (Psalm 54:7)
As for me, I call to God,
    and the Lord saves me. 

Evening, morning and noon
    I cry out in distress,
    and he hears my voice. 

He rescues me unharmed
    from the battle waged against me,
   
even though many oppose me. (Psalm 55:16-18)
Cast your cares on the Lord
    and he will sustain you;
he will never let
the righteous be shaken. (Psalm 55:22)

 

Day 211 - Psalm 56, 57 & 58; Acts 28:1-15
For you have delivered me from death
    and my feet from stumbling,
that I may walk before God
    
 in the light of life. (Psalm 56:13)
He sends from heaven and saves me,
    rebuking those who hotly pursue me – 

God sends forth his love and his faithfulness. (Psalm 57:3)
  

Day 212 - Psalm 59, 60 & 61; Acts 28:16-31
For you have been my refuge,     
a strong tower against the foe. (Psalm 61:3)


Day 213 - Psalm 62, 63 & 64; Romans 1
Truly my soul finds rest in God;
    my salvation comes from him. 

Truly he is my rock and my salvation;    
 he is my fortress, I shall never be shaken. (Psalm 62:1-2)


No comments:

Post a Comment