Pages

Thursday 5 February 2015

Thankful Thursday - Something Someone Gave Me



Today I am thankful for the beautiful flowers my friend gave me at the weekend. They have just decided to burst into flower and, combined with the glimpse of sunlight shining through the clouds, they serve as a reminder that spring is on its way. The gloomy darkness is on the wane and we will soon be able to bask in daylight and warm, spring sunshine. 

I struggle with winter. The dark nights and dark mornings make me feel tired. The gloomy days make me feel sad. The occasional crisp, cold day touched with frosted sunlight helps to lift my mood, but those days are few and far between. Christmas and its excitement seems long gone. So a burst of spring on my windowsill is very welcome. It lights a spark in my soul. Spring will return; darkness will vanish; and I will feel happier again. God provides an antidote to the gloom. 

“Consider how the wild flowers grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you, not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these." 
(Luke 12:27 NIV)

Check out my Facebook page: My Thoughts on Things

No comments:

Post a Comment