Pages

Thursday 23 June 2016

23 Weeks - Nothing Extraordinary

The Hubby felt the baby move this week.

It's always an exciting moment when I get to share the movements I've been feeling. Another step along the way to a baby feeling real. 

It won't be long until the girls feel it too, and I can't wait to see their faces when that happens.



Baby is most active when I sit down in the evening, but I'm yet to feel anything in the night. That's one way in which my pregnancies are similar - B and M never woke me at night.

I realised another difference this week though. I have had no heartburn at all. My bottle of Gaviscon is sat, hardly touched, on my headboard, just in case. I've always had to swig it throughout pregnancy the previous times, so this is definitely a difference I am greatly appreciating!

I forgot to say last week that everything on the scan report was recorded as 'Normal' - not yet the enormous baby I've been threatened with.

I don't like the word 'normal'. What does it mean? This little person is unique, special, extraordinary. How can they be described as normal? I suppose, while they're a little unknown person, we have to rely on 'normal' for reassurance.

Our sonographer was just lovely though. Her bedside manner was perfect. Friendly, informative and pleasant. She talked us through absolutely everything, and I felt so comfortable with her. I must send some positive feedback to the department. I'm not someone who only makes complaints!

The Safeguarding Team are yet to contact me, which I'm seeing in a positive light. The more time that goes past, the less anxious I feel. But every unknown number that flashes up on my phone, or official looking letter that comes through the letter box, makes me panic. This isn't the way a woman should feel during pregnancy.

When I get the opportunity I listen to my Natal Hypnotherapy Pregnancy Relaxation, which really is helping my mental health. I'm doing Birthlight Yoga in the evenings. And I feel surrounded by the prayers of my friends.

Breathing and prayer - my two weapons of defence against worry and anxiety.

Baby is the size of a Barbie doll
Weekly Statistics
Average after meal sugars: 5.3 mmol/L
Average fasting sugars: 4.7 mmol/L
Weight:  0lb
Catch up: 22 Weeks
Next: 25 Weeks




MaternityMondays

Check out My Thoughts on Things on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment