Pages

Wednesday 15 June 2016

Siblings - June 2016

The Me and Mine Project

Parenting these beautiful girls is not the easiest job in the world at the moment. Two completely different individuals, each  determined to be their own person. Gone are the cuddles and affection of previous months, and in their place is rivalry. Competition has entered the arena. We have battles and tears. Others assure me it's a mix of their ages and the fact that they know they have a sibling on its way. My girls are unsettled, and wanting to mark their place, their territory. It's hard work. 


And then, at other times, I find myself in peace and I realise that they're playing beautifully together. I have to resist the urge to burst in and tell them how wonderful it is to witness them enjoying each other's company. 

They're strong and stubborn and they know their own worth. Difficult to parent, but one day they will be women who know what they want and will have the character to go out and get it. And I know they will be each other's biggest supporter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment